0
Posted on 7:35 PM by Hamid and filed under

Google will have a bazillion different listing s for this, all complicated processes. Maybe i just got lucky with this one, but try it first!

My problem was an install from windows update the often gets corrupted, xml4. Whenever I shut down my computer, Windows said it is installing update 1 of 1. It toggled between the message of “Installing update 1 of 1″ and a don’t turn off the computer, it would shut down by itself. But it will stay on that until I force shut down, and still be there whenever I want to restart or shutdown. If this is you:

      1. Disable automatic updates > more on that
      2. Download “msxml4-KB936181-enu.exe” from the Microsoft site, not Windows Update.
      3. Run the program > Remove
      4. Reboot
      5. Run the program again > Install
      6. Turn on Automatic Updates. I left automatic updates OFF, but the problem should be fixed so you shouldn’t have to.
Stumble Upon Toolbar
0
Responses to ... xp-installing update 1 of 1

Post a Comment